OpenShift Ecosystem: OSE3 DevOps Plugin for Visual Studio 2015
Click2Cloud Inc. have been working withÂ Red Hat OpenShift right from OpenShift 2, where the architecture was based on; Windows Node, Linux Node and Broker Node to OpenShift 3 where it is based on Docker Container and Kubernetes.
Click2Cloud Inc. as a Red Hat ISV and Connect Partner, and Microsoft Gold Partner have made significant achievements in bridging two technology motherships. Click2Cloud Inc. enabled .NET application development in Red Hat OpenShift PaaS for both; OpenShift 2 and OpenShift 3.
For OpenShift 3, Click2Cloud Inc. have developed;
- OpenShift 3 Enterprise – Docker Containers and Kubernetes based DevOps plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- OpenShift 3 Origin (V 1.1.6)– Docker Containers and Kubernetes based DevOps plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- ASP.NET 5.0 S2I Images
Also, for OpenShift 2, Click2Cloud have developed various one-of-its-kinds products which includes;
- Windows Node Installerâ€“ which enables the Windows Node in OpenShift 2 environment
- .NET 4.5 Cartridgeâ€“ helps developer to create .NET 4.5 application
- .NET 4.6 Cartridge for OpenShift 2â€“ helps developer to create .NET 4.6 application
- Win DIY Cartridge
- FOX Web 4.6.3 Cartridge
- SharePoint 2013 Cartridge â€“ helps developer to create SharePoint 2013 application
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Cartridgeâ€“ helps developer to create .NET application with MS SQL Server 2008 Database
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Cartridge â€“ helps developer to create .NET application with MS SQL Server 2012 Database
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Cartridgeâ€“ helps developer to create .NET application with MS SQL Server 2014 Database
- Visual Studio 2012+ DevOps Plugin â€“ allows user to develop and deploy the .NET based application from
Microsoft Visual Studio IDE to Red Hat OpenShift 2 Cloud
- OpenShift.NET Kitâ€“ provides one stop package with all the cartridges, plugins, Windowâ€™s node installer and help documents to set-up and run the Red Hat OpenShift environment.
In this blogpost,Â we would like to introduceÂ our Visual Studio 2015 DevOps plugin. Click2Cloud Visual Studio 2015 Tool; bring Docker and Kubernetes based containerized .Net application to OpenShift 3 Enterprise. Our DevOps solution, allows developers to build, manage and deploy containerized .NET and lot more other applications straight from Visual Studio IDE to Red Hatâ€™s OpenShift 3 Enterprise Cloud Platform.
All the details to download the; Visual Studio 2015 DevOps plugin and help documents have been mentioned in the following sections.
Prerequisites / Documentation
To use this Visual Studio 2015 DevOps plugin, you will need the OpenShiftÂ 3 environment/subscription and Visual Studio 2015
Following are the software pre-requisite to install the Click2Cloud OpenShift 3.X Enterprise Tool for Visual Studio 2015 tool and manage your application on OpenShift 3.X Enterprise.
- Visual Studio 2015 Community orÂ Visual Studio 2015 Professional orÂ Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise
- GitHub Extension for Visual Studio
- Git for Windows
- OpenShift 3 Binaries for Windows i.e. oc client
- Processor: Intel Core i3 (or above for better performance)
- RAM: Minimum 8 GB (or above for better performance)
- Hard disk: 10 GB Minimum
Getting Started Documents –Â step-by-step guide to download and use the ‘Click2Cloud’sÂ Visual Studio 2015 DevOps plugin Â
Guideline to enable .NET in OpenShift 3 Environment – Please follow the instructions availableÂ at below linkÂ to enable .NET on OpenShift 3.X Environment.
You can also watch Click2Cloudâ€™s OpenShiftÂ 3 videos available on YouTube to see how easy it is to develop and deploy .NET application on Red Hat OpenShiftÂ 3 environment using Click2Cloudâ€™s Visual Studio 2015 Tool.
Source Code location
Visual Studio 2015 DevOps Plugin at Microsoft Visual Studio Gallary-
Git Hub location –
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 (425) 749-7495 and +1 (425) 748-9666
- Website: www.click2cloud.net
To explore more about the latest development in Red Hat OpenShift 3, you can follow the Red Hat OpenShift Blog;Â https://blog.openshift.com/click2clouds-docker-container-kubernetes-based-visual-studio-2015-extension/
And, Click2Cloudâ€™s Red Hat OpenShift 3 Products;
- OpenShift 3 Enterprise– DevOps plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- OpenShift 3 Origin (V 1.1.6)– DevOps plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
Click2Cloud Team, with their 2+ years industry experience have created a detailed FAQs list which address all
the technical and administrative queries the user can face with; Pre-requisite and Visual Studio 2015 Plugin.
Follow-us on Social Media
You can also follow-us on social media and share this post with the relevant users.
.NET, container, Red Hat, OpenShift 3, Docker, Kubernetes, Microsoft, Microsoft Azure, Click2Cloud, Visual Studio, DevOps Plugin,