Click2Cloud Docker Toolkit for Visual Studio is an application platform that allows a user to manage Docker Images and Containers with similar functionality found in the command-line Docker command.
What is Docker?
Docker is software which lets you create an image (which is a lot like a template for a virtual machine) and then run instances of that image in a container.
Docker maintains a vast repository of images, called the Docker Hub, which you can use as starting points or as free storage for your own images. You can install Docker, choose an image you’d like to use, and then run an instance of it as a container.
How to InstallĂ‚Â Docker?
You can refer the installation guide to choose your platform, docs.docker.com/engine/installation.
Use this command:
docker run -it centos
After some processing, you’ll see a prompt like this:
Try few other commands and then exit the container:
root@719059da250d:/# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:Â Centos
Description:Â Centos 6.6
With above commands, you will see the bash shell of an isolated container running Centos on your machine.
Here’s a diagram and a breakdown of the result of this Docker installation:
- First, we issue a Dockercommand:
- Docker: run the Dockerclient
- run: the command to run a new container
- -it: option to give the container an interactive terminal
- centos: the image to base the container on
- Then the Docker service runs on the host (i.e. our machine) to check if we have a copy of the requested image locally.
- Then the Docker service check the public registry (the Docker hub) to see if there’s an image named Centos available- which there is.
- The Docker service downloads the image and stores it in its local cache of images (ready for next time).
- The Docker service creates a new container, based on the centos.
Accessibility constraints with Docker
Click2Cloud Docker Toolkit for Visual Studio has adopted Docker Commands which are accessible via a OpenShift Web Console and Command Line Tools and Interfaces. But, managing these tools and remembering the various commands using CLI’s need good expertise and training, which is making it difficult for developers to use it.
The best solutions
The best solutions that address these constraints is our Click2Cloud Visual Studio IDE Extension for Docker.
You can publish .Net Application to Linux in 5 minutes with Click2Cloud Docker Toolkit for Visual Studio.
The Visual Studio Docker explorer plugin can easily connect to any Docker machine running on the cloud with a pre-requisite as that machine should be created without error and once the connection creates we will be able to perform the rest of the operations. This extension uses the Docker Hub to Pull & Push the Docker images and build the application.
5 Step Installation of Click2Cloud Docker Visual Studio Extension and Integration with Alibaba Cloud Services
1. Download the Click2Cloud Docker Toolkit for Visual Studio from Visual Studio Gallery
2. Launch the extension and Sign-in to Alibaba Cloud environment
3.Pull Image from the registry.
4. Run the pulled image.
5.View logs and build the required image
What is Docker Explorer?
The Docker Explorer is a feature developed by Click2Cloud for Visual studio that provides developer various functionalities within the platform;
Searching of Docker Images on the fly from Docker HubÂ
- Port forwarding
- Running Containers on Local Host
- Managing Containers; Start, Stop, Restart, Kill Containers
- Pulling Docker Images on the Local Docker Server
- Running Docker Images
- Pushing Local Docker Images on Docker Hub
- Build Own Docker Images and Pushing to Docker Hub
Building a Docker Image requires an existing Image to create a new Docker Image. Typically, this involves installing new packages in the existing image. The specification of the new Docker Image is done via a special file which is always named: Dockerfile. Clicking on the Build Image icon starts the Build Image Wizard:
Docker Explorer View
So, go ahead and deploy this Extension. If you face any issue, please feel free to contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a dedicated support team ready to help you.
2549 152nd NE Ave, Redmond 98052, WA USA
V-8, Second Floor, Opposite Bal-Jagat, Laxmi Nagar, Nagpur – 440022
Phone: +91-712-224-8747 / +1 425 749 7495
F2, Beijing Silver Tower, No.2 East 3rd Ring North Road. Chao yang District., Beijing
Phone: 130 23185971 / 131 62780929