What is Virtual to Cloud Migration?
A Virtual Machine is an independent server module (Operating System + Application) that generally run in independent servers. But with Server Virtualization, it is possible to run multiple Virtual Machines in a single (high capacity) server. In this process, each Virtual Machine thinks that it is running on its own server (with dedicated resources).
Virtual to cloud migration is the process of moving data,Â applicationsÂ or other business elements to aÂ cloud computingÂ environment from any Virtualization Platform like (VM Ware, Xen Server, KVM) to destination cloud.
Why Virtual to Cloud Migration?
Business need to move to cloud to become agile, competitive and flexible but at a same time this need to be done without risking business disruption, security, compliance and performance.
60% of companies already migrating their workload to the cloud. As per the current survey 83% Of Enterprise workloads will be in the Cloud by 2020.
Virtual to Cloud Migration Approach:
Regardless of cloud providers or destination cloud, size and level of complexity of source infrastructure Click2Cloud help you in Virtualization VMs migration. Our standard procedures, automation tools can help you to reduce the cost, improve consistency and efficiency, and ensure you are security-rich and compliant across your business. With over 100,000 migrations completed, Click2Cloud can help you successfully migrate your workloads, Data centers to the cloud.
Click2Cloud Cloud Brain platform allows you to migrate your workload from any leading Virtualization platform to any leading cloud provider.
Currently we are supporting following virtualization platforms.
- Xen Server
Similarly, we are also supporting;
- On premise machines
- Local VHDs (and other image formats like .raw, .qcow2, .vhdx)
Salient points you need to know on Virtual Machine Migration:
- It is important to have sufficient network backbone capacity (bandwidth) in order to move the virtual machines from one server to another, quickly.
- Even during the process of migration, it is possible to maintain network connection and application state, thereby providing continuous up time to the users.
- Even when the User is not physically present, it is possible to schedule migrations to happen at certain times automatically.
We’d like to share some business advantages of Virtual to Cloud Migration, which helps you understand we why should use Click2Cloud Cloud Brain platform
- Migrate workload across Public and Private cloud environment.
- Allow multiple VMâ€™s to be migrated at a same time.
- Logs, of the migration processes are maintained so that it can be accessed later on whenever required.
- A tightly integrated solution CMP (Cloud Management Platform)
- Improvement in migration process, No manual errors due to automation.
- Can run parallel migrations, to reducing the time and cost.
- Can schedule a migration as per requirement.
In this blog, we have seen the virtual to cloud migration where one can move the data from any virtualization platform to cloud. Virtual to cloud migration helps to make the business agile, flexible, secure, scalable and so forth. With the increase in popularity of cloud computing systems, virtual migrations across data centers and resource pools will be greatly beneficial to data centers administrators.